Wednesday 20 July 2011

Bangkok: Ruen Petch Restaurant (เรือนเพชร)

One of my best friends gave birth to beautiful baby girl last week. We all went to her house to visit the first baby of the our group. Her mother has nicknamed her "Pakkard" or lettuce since she was still in her tummy. I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that food and beverage is their family business or that we are foodie persons! After the visit, we went to have some steamboat at Ruen Petch restaurant which wasn't far off from my friend's house.

Ruen Petch is actually long-history Chinese restaurant that famous for their Hainan style steamboat or we called "Suki" in Thai. I think they may be one of the first steamboat restaurant in Thailand, way before MK. So don't be surprised if you find that most customers are more like the grown-up and older generation. We ordered the usual meat and vegetables for the steamboat. They came on the same plate, topping with egg and peppers/garlic sauce which adding the heat to the pot.

everything in the pot!!!!

I had this before with my parents but it wasn't as good as what I had with my friends the other day. I don't know why. I'm sure the dipping sauce is the same. Maybe because of the large amount of meat and vegetable were in the pot so that made the soup taste nice? (Trust me, we ate A LOT)

On to the side dishses, we cannot complete a trip to steamboat without grilled duck and emerald noodle. It is always a must to order whenever and wherever we eat steamboat. Their duck was so so, I'd prefer MK's one more.

SZ ordered a small portion of clay pot rice. It looked and smelled incredibly yummy but taste wise was rather bland. I guess if you prefer natural neutral taste then this may suit your preference.

Kailan with oyster sauce was great. We need vegetable for healthy eating!

Now, on to probably the best dish ever from this place. Highly recommended to you all, it's called "Gai Ruen Petch" or Ruen Petch's chicken. It's fried chicken thigh with sweet red sauce on top and it was DE-LI-CIOUS!!!!! Just thinking about it makes me craving the chicken terribly now!

Ruen Petch is a good choice for steamboat though it may not be easily access unlike MK which has branches throughout the country. Ruen Petch has 3 branches but I only know two which the one I ate this time and the one on new Petchburi road just opposite the Amari Atrium Hotel.

Ruen Petch restaurant
Soi Pattanakarn 20
ฺBangkok

No comments:

Post a Comment