Saturday 19 February 2011

Samut Prakan: Pa Waew (ป้าแหว๋ว)

Yesterday was Buddhist Public Holiday, since my dad came down from Chiangmai and it was his birthday next Wednesday, I decided to take my family out for a seafood lunch on my treat. Pa Waew is always our family's choice for seafood for at least 10 years now. We know this place since my dad worked in this district.

It's a very local restaurant so never let the shady looking shack deceived you coz they have the most amazing and fresh seafood serving here in a very good price!

Look at the size!!


We ordered steamed crabs and was never disappointed! Just look at the size of crabs! It was fresh and very tasty.

Shrimps with black pepper was something new. We never had black pepper with shrimps before and it was a great decision. The black pepper sauce wasn't too heating so I enjoyed eating it with rice.
Seafood Tom Yum was hot and sour, as it should be. Talking about authentic Thai food!

Deep fried seabass with fish sauce is one of my mum's fave dish here. The fish sauce wasn't just salty but having the sweet flavour in it. The fish was fresh so you get to eat the tasty solid fish meat with the tasty sauce. I bet mum was very happy.

Guess how much we paid for these food, two litres of Pepsi and a bowl of rice for 4 person? 50 USD (Baht1,600)! So cheap! I'm so satisfied, I'm sure my family was also happy. Such a great way to spend quality meal with family!

Pa Waew (ป้าแหว๋ว)

Phra samut chedi district, Samut Prakan Province
Close every Saturday
Direction: Get down from Rama IX bridge at Suksawat road (look for sign to go to 'Phra Pra Daeng - พระประแดง') and just go straight on. Follow the sign to Phra Chulachomklao Fortress (ป้อมพระจุล). Pa Waew is located on the right hand side just before you cross the last bridge into the Fortress.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks amazing - and I love the thought of an ordinary little restaurant that has amazing fresh food like that.

    ReplyDelete