Wednesday 12 May 2010

Bangkok: ISO Restaurant, Swissôtel Nai Lert Park

My mum has been a member of Swissôtel Nai Lert Park for couple years back. She usually gave me vouchers to go eat with friends. Then I went to study abroad and came back to have "working life". I just seemed to not have time for "buffet lunch" at hotels anymore. Anyhow, couple of days ago, mum said the Sales person from Swissôtel called and told us to use the vouchers before they are expired. We were a bit concerned since the hotel is like so close to the HQ of protesters. The sales person assured us that we can get there without problems.


Alas, we had dinner at ISO on Sunday. It would be set meal choices between Thai and Western food. Only mum was chosen Thai, me and dad went for Western with steak and my sis went for Western with fish.


Starter came with Caesar Salad, the dressing was creamy but not too heavy. There were plenty of croutons and parmesan cheese. The portion wasn't too big so I wasn't too stuffed for next course. As for Thai menu, my mum got spring rolls. Crispy, nice and, well, general.


Next dish was pumpkin cream soup. I don't like it, at all. It wasn't THAT creamy and had no taste. I turned to taste my mum's Tom Yum Kung and it was ABSOLUTELY brilliant! It wasn't too spicy but you can taste all the taste in it.


My main dish was served right after. It was juicy medium rare steak with grainy mustard seed sauce. The meat itself was good, too chewy though. The sauce was a bit too salty. At that point, I wish I would order the Thai menu instead! My sister said her fish was a bit bland as well. At that point, everyone was attacking mum's fried vegetable and chicken with cashew nut that came with rice. The chicken and cashew nut was so good, it is probably one of the best chicken cashe nut dishes I have tried.


The dessert was sponge cake with Lemoncello cream with rasberries sauce. The sauce was extremely sour but very nice actually. As for the cake, I have no comment coz I don't like it much. Overall, I think I wouldn't pay for this and if I got free voucher, I would go for Thai instead of Western set menu. I have never tried their int'l buffet so I want to give that a try before judging this place.

ISO Restaurant
Swissôtel Nai Lert Park
2 Wireless Road,
Bangkok
Tel. 02 2530123
BTS: Pleonchitr
Website



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment