Saturday 1 January 2011

Tokyo: Setagaya Ramen at Haneda Int'l Airport

[Note: I just realised Setagaya Ramen is opening in Bangkok now, at Arena 10 in Thong Lor. I assumed it is the same one as in Haneda Airport. Must check anyway.]

Marking my 50th entry on 1st of January 2011 so this will be a celebration of the new beginning. Anyway, first of all, I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year. May 2011 be the year of happiness to you all.

May all your life be as sparkling as the lights of Hakodate in this picture
(view from Mt. Hakodate)


This entry will be my last entry in Japan as well. Though I'm not making it before the year end, at least we can move on to something new after the new year period. So back to the post, we were taking the late night flight out of the new Haneda international airport. That means no dinner on plane so me and T were walking around Edo Market on 4th floor of the airport for food. It was Sunday night so apparently all restaurants were crowded from families who visit the airport for food and sight-seeing (this reminds me of T3 of Changi airport in Singapore so much). We decided to have ramen as the last meal in Japan so we queued up for ramen at Setagaya Ramen.

I was seated at counter so with open kitchen view

I ordered tsukemen. The portion was so huge that even big eater like me cannot finish. The dipping soup was strong and went well with the thick noodle. However, the more you eat, the more you start to feel that it's too heavy and too strong. I like the chashu in the soup as it melt away in my mouth when I ate it. It was definitely a pleasant last meal in Japan. So much for my eating trip of 2010. I still need to visit many interesting restaurants so hopefully this year, I will be able to do such trip again!

Setagaya Ramen
4th floor, Edo Market
Haneda new International Airport
Open: 08:00 – 22:00
Website: http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/premises/tenant/3400800014750000/index.html

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious.
    I hope you have a wonderful new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second bowl looks a little like khai palo :P If you get to make such fun trips again this year, don't forget to stuff me in your luggage! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete