Thursday 15 April 2010

Singapore: Jumbo

I came back from my short trip to Singapore yesterday. It was as if a food trip when it was actually a concert trip. My dear Singaporean friend, Y, has made reservation for dinner on my first night at Jumbo in Dempsey Hill since she knows how much I love Chilli crab.



Dinner was joined by J, Y's friend whom I met for the first time. The atmosphere at Dempsey Hill branch was more relaxing and you can feel it's more business-like. Perhaps people are negotiating deals during their munches with Chilli Crab?



Since there was only 3 of us, we ordered Chilli Crab, Kang kong sambal, cereal prawns and fried buns. The vegetable came first.




To be honest, it was a bit disappointing. There was barely any taste of heat and i could not taste any garlic. It was bland than last time I tried at Jumbo in Clarke Quay. However, J liked it since she cannot stand the heat so it wasn't bad for all of us then.




Then, there came the cereal prawns. It was as good as it should be. The cereal was absolute yum and it went so well with the prawns which we ordered for peeled one. We were enjoying this dish so much.




Finally, the famous Chilli crab arrived with fried buns. It was a little bit bland from the one at Clarke Quay, however, I wouldn't complain since it was still very yummy. I prefer fried buns instead of steamed one with Chilli crab's sauce. I don't know why really, but perhaps the oil did bring out the tastiness of carbohydrate!

The dinner was very enjoyable as we kept eating and gossiping about common people we know and the interesting characters out there. We did end up having desserts at Barrack but at that point I was too engaged with the ice wine and the gossips so I forgot to take pictures! Anyway, long story short for Barrack, the desserts were good esp. with chocolate one and the ice wine is only $30 - good value so you must try!


JUMBO@Dempsey
Blk 11 #01-16 Dempsey Road
Singapore 249673
Tel: 6479 3435
http://www.jumboseafood.com.sg/

Barracks at House
8D Dempsey Road
Tel: 6475-7787




View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment